Ok so the gas gauge is not working. I do not have a great understanding of how these things work, but here is what I know so far:

There is a black and yellow wire coming out of the sending unit (which was replaced recently by the PO). The wires go down behind the tank and I can see the bigger black one under the cab, so I assume the yellow one is grounded in the cab. When I measured the volts on the black wire with my digital multimeter on the 20 setting, I got an average reading of .06 from the wire to a clean ground on the frame.

Any ideas on what is going on? The PO said bad ground, but I would like to see if the problem is under the truck before I try to get under the tank...


Alex
57' 3100 (The Bondo Bandit)
Bad rust and worse wiring, but so much fun.