| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Gdads51, Rustnut, 3800GUY, KEVINSKI, Southerntruck, klhansen, dt235sd, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln),
69
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,301 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#74268 03/04/2007 10:31 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 172 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 172 | I got the truck running this morning and noticed something strange.
The tapping noise that I noticed a while back was really loud when I started the truck...she had been sitting for over a week. Then after she was all warmed up the tapping reduced a lot...and almost just became part of the background noise.
Is there any chance I have a bad lifter? The lifters are hydraulic on the 292...so I am wondering if one of them is leaking out while the engine sits...and then fills up after running.
What are the chances of that?
Dave 1965 Chevy C-30 1-Ton "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." | | |
| |
| |