So I am still getting parts together for my 3800... but I am trying to figure out the major differences between all of them. I know the 1 ton has a bigger frame, so a rear cross-member wouldn't work.. but widths sound like they are the same...

I want to update the brakes and want to stay stockish.. but what have you guys changed your rear ends too? I can't decide to stay somewhat stock and swap in a 4.10 or try to get something down to a 3.43 given the lovely price of fuel! Obviously if I swap in I would like to take the brakes with it! We have lots of hills and bad drivers here.. so good stopping power would be nice!

Thoughts? One last question is what you guys have done to the steering to keep it straight on the roads.. the truck has a tendency to veer off the road at 35... but I have heard that might be brake bind...