I agree with everything Pete said except I'm left handed and it seemed easier for me to push the tool to the right with my left hand while feeding the locking strip in with my right hand. So if you're right handed I'd try the opposite direction, but do whatever feels right for you. I used a spritzer bottle with the dish soap, keep it wet! I managed to do it by myself while my wife was out shopping - what else is new? It's a learned art, it took several tries before I got the first rear quarter window done. If the tool slips out, (no comments please) I found it best just to pull out the strip and start over, I was never successful trying to continue on from that point. I thought the rear window was the easiest because the surface is pretty flat. The quarters are harder because of the compound curves, you have to continually watch the angle of the tool in relation to the surface.