Quote
Originally posted by Baldy:
If you mean your exhaust is popping on decelleration, that usually means the exhaust gasket has failed or the head pipe isn't tight.
Yes, that is what she did three times. Now I know for a fact that there was no seal between the exhaust header and the exhaust pipe...once there had been some kind of high temp wrap in there, but that came out.

I can't cinche that up anymore as the bolts in the exhaust header flange are stripped of thread about half way up. Those bolts will need to be drilled out or something.

As for the advance, we are just talking timing at the distributor...right? I can fiddle with that just by rotating the cap a bit...right? (That's easy enough.)

Dave.


1965 Chevy C-30 1-Ton
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching."