I am also in the planning stages of converting my 216 to a 4.3 v6
TBI (throttle body injection)
In my case I am using a 1991 Astro as the donor vehicle. All the wiring stuff from the original engine has been removed and the v6 engine is in place as well as the original computer. I contacted Painless Wiring & they sold me a harness built for this engine and computer. They gave me the service code which is a sticker on the face of the computer and it matched. I will be hiring a guy who has a lot more experience and knowhow to help me do the install. The nice thing about it is the all the connections are labelled. I am wondering why someone, who wants to do this would have to re-program their original computer to make the swap? Or will I also have to re-program????
Hopefully someone who has done this before can shed some light on this question?