We've had 2 ton trucks since the 40's when my dad started farming a 47,53 and a 61 GMC plus my grandfathers 57 Chevy, never once did we have a master or wheel clyinder fail on us on the road, the mountians or anywhere, over loaded with sugar beets, cattle or what ever would fit on those poor old trucks and not one failure, all equiped with hydrovacs, in fact I still have and run the 61 when we need it, these trucks worked for a living in their day, and you guys worry about failure on a empty toy truck.
In fact Grigg may have seen the 53 Chevy 2 ton moving van at the Pleasenton show last may, I just rebuilt the brakes and hydro vac on that truck and empty it may weigh 11 to 12,000 #, I started it today and moved it and remembering this thread tagged the brake pedal, and found myself up against the steering wheel, I don't know what more a person would want.
Last edited by ABento; 04/02/2011 7:00 AM.