I agree- - - -any press-fit bearing is a "one time only" installation. The mention above of small block V-8 cam bearings getting installed in the wrong hole was something my students would do on occasion. When I closed down my school shop after 30+ years, I had several partial sets of cam bearings in the storeroom with one or two missing. I would never allow them to remove and reinstall a bearing, even if it was in the right hole. Ditto for wrist pin bushings.
Jerry

Last edited by Hotrod Lincoln; 03/28/2011 3:59 PM.

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!