I have probably been to 40 or 50 shows of one kind or another and have only had a couple of instances that made me nervous. One with a lady that climbed up on the running board with sharp heals without even questioning if it was alright to do so, twisting and turning while there and another, where a kid that wanted to sit behind the wheel. I gave him instruction on how to get in and not drag his feet across the fenders on my COE (its easy to do) . He promptly ignored me and did just that. Before I could turn around, there were several kids in line that wanted their turn. I think, once you have invested a lot of money in a paint job, it would make you nervous too to let strangers paw and climb all over your vehicle. Will I stay home and not bring my truck out because a few folks that have no appreciation for what you have or why you are there, no. After all, they call them "shows" not climb ons or lean ons and it IS all about talking to folks and having fun with your buds. Just because you bring your vehicle out for folks to see, I don't think you should be openning yourself up to have people abuse it. And, if it bothers you when they do, I don't think it means you don't have a life, just means you care about your hard work and the money you spent Just my thoughts on the subject.....

Bill

Last edited by Bill Marlow; 03/23/2011 2:02 PM.

~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!