| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,082 Posts1,056,324 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#72979 02/08/2007 6:47 PM | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 108 | I'm sorry I said that wrong...when the choke is closed....it runs to fast...can't seem to get the idle to turn down.....so I have to open the choke to get it to slow down.... maybe this has something to do with it...I did buy a new (rebuilt)...the base to the new carb didn't work so I had to take the old one off and put it on the new carb....I changed out the old butterfly at the bottom with the new butterfly from the base that didn't work...Could that be why it is running so fast? Did I put the new butterfly somehow backwards on the old base? Because the idle screw doesn't really make a difference? Which way you turn it. | | |
| |
| |