Okay. I REALLY need someone's help out there. I have completed the install of the TCI rear suspension kit on my truck, but the shock cross member has me baffled.

The instructions tell me to set it 28-1/8" from rear bed bolts, which puts it about halfway up the rear axle humps on the frame (I don't know what they're called) and then set them perpendicular with the ground. This puts it just behind the spare tire carrier with the bolts running directly into it.

Then you have the top shock bolt facing forward and the bottom shock bolt facing back. The shocks will never be able to be removed.

What am I missing?! If anyone has installed this kit before PLEASE contact me. I will have my digital camera back on Tuesday if pictures will help clarify my dilemma.

Thanks.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back"
Webshot Photos