Classic Parts of America aka chevy duty denied my request for the handling fees...... so i sent them a poignant return letter


because i bought and paid $ for a switch that didn't work and our time is as valuable as the vendors i charged
them the same amount of postage and handling as they charged me

Here is a copy of the letter I just sent to chevy duty or what ever their new name is::


Dear Classic Parts of America aka chevy duty accounting mgr.., 2/16/11

Recently I needed a 1951 ½ ton light switch and was recommended to buy one from you. You sent the switch. I took pictures because I share what I do with other stovebolters. I removed the boxed switch and installed it. It failed !! I called you guys and obtained a return authorization # . While I was removing it, it literally fell APART in my hands. More photos were taken and more photos were posted. I returned the switch for credit because it was a fair attempt at making a cheap switch to pass along to folks who love their old trucks. You would have done better had you spent a little more time and money sourcing out a decent re-manufacturer, but fell way short.

I returned the switch to you with an explanation as to how I did the install and tested the switch with a VOM after the install and still wired, to double check it’s failure, before it fell apart in my hand. You charged me about $7.xx ?? in shipping AND handling. I returned the part and charged you the SAME amount in shipping AND HANDLING. You ONLY gave me credit for $2.76 ?? as seen on the return parcel post. You SHORTED me about $5.00?? in handling. My time is like your time, it took time to open and install a faulty switch only to remove it, make a call and sent it back.

If you believe it only works one way you failed again to understand this economy and your customers beliefs.
Sincerely,


we'll see what happens next ??

Last edited by carolines truck; 02/17/2011 4:58 AM.

Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE