| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,464 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 53 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 53 | I just purchased a 1947 one ton stake bed with the hydraulic dump. The rear brakes are bad and leaking. I backed off the two adjusting bolts and couldn't get the drum to come off. I pulled the eight hub bolts and pulled the axle. Still no luck. What could be holding this on?? The axle housing is threaded and there appears to be a sleave inside with a notch in the bottom but other than that I can't see anything holding this on. | | |
| |
| |