yar - due to some horrible experiences with edelbrock products a few years ago; we no longer will use them. So I can make absolutely no comment on the examples you mention.

However, I have been working on carburetors since 1959. I have yet to see an engine with a single quad that could not be made to have more horsepower with the dual quads. As I posted earlier, the difference generally is not so great today, due to the advances in single four manifolding over the last 25 or so years.

The big issue with dual quads (no offense meant to anyone) is that most are too lazy to properly tune them. A single four is much easier to tune. And a well-tuned single four WILL outperform wrong or mal-tuned dual quads.

However, my 1968 shop truck is a F-100 with a 390/450 engine. And I converted it from a single four to a dual four. Mileage and power went up significantly. Mileage at 70 MPH is 22 MPG with the dual quads.

Jon.

Last edited by carbking; 02/14/2011 4:11 PM.

Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop