fosters51deluxe5,
Have you seen the
May 1955 HRM article about Frank McGurk's series of dyno tests on a 261? Going from a stock intake to dual Stromberg BXOV-2s increased HP by about 10 to 15% from 2000 rpm to 4500 rpm. Going to a triple BXOX-2 intake did not provide a significant improvement until about 4000 rpm. At that time, the 261 had been bored to 278, so the benefits on a 235 would be less. I ran a similar dual carb manifold on a 235 and a 261 back in 50s. there was a noticeable performance benefit and the drivability was as good as stock. I did know of the Carbking at the time, but McGurk's tuning instructions were about the same.
I also ran a Harper manifold, on a couple of 261s, with three Stromberg 48s in the summer, and with three 81s in the winter. This setup was not as drivable as the dual single barrels, but it was my daily driver for several years.
Hoyt