Originally Posted by squeeze
grin see my tag line? there's not many details on these ol trucks that's not absolutely vital to the whole .... the lower hinge pockets are frequently rotten, any leaks around the door collect down there and keep the dirt/dust that collects in there wet - it's also right behind the tire, where the cowl vent drains .... as I said on your original door thread, the TF doors are a study in frustration, takes a lot of patience to get it all near right, which is as close as the factory got it

but hey! by the time you do your next truck it'll be a piecea cake big_eek seriously, put the door on with the hinge bolts loose - put the latch on - close the door, maybe adjust the striker position a bit to get the best fit - then try tightening all the hinge bolts from the inside that you can reach [most] - check how it opens and closes - keep fiddling to get it closer - expect to do that all over when you put the fender on, and again when you put the seal on

Bill

The pocket helped the situation, but did not solve it, it still sticks out on the bottom by the cab corner and all the way up to the striker plate. I pulled the top hinge out to try and at least get the top and bottom out the same amount. Was NOT successful. I took your suggestion and loosened all the bolts and got into the truck with with the door in the best position possible and then tight as many as I can get to from the inside that did not help, as my issue at the bottom of the door persists. One thing that I did notice is the striker plate is as far in as it will go, and since the truck has not been completely stripped yet, it is were the plate was when I got the truck, made me wonder what I missed before dismantling the truck?