Originally Posted by carbking
Originally Posted by andy46
Originally Posted by panic
Carburetors are not a fashion accessory. If you don't know what they do, you should leave it alone.

Pretty negative comment dude....

"Negative" or "positive" would be in the eyes of the reader, but Panic's comment is SO TRUE!

If I had a dollar for every British sports car with FACTORY multiple carburetion that came in barely running because the owner had purchased a popular book on S.U. carbs that had erroneous information and tried to adjust the carbs themselves; I could buy Hawaii and retire!!!

Multi-carbs are great! BUT one's first experience SHOULD be with the old "master mechanic - apprentice" system. One really needs to learn hands-on from a friend who knows.

Not that it absolute cannot be learned by oneself, but easier with a mentor.

Jon.

The man asked what the pros and cons were, but those comments weren't constructive to helping him out at all.
True, if you don't know what your doing with carb setups, then you really shouldn't mess with something you have already working fine.
Personally I would stick with two carbs max, because thats what I feel comfortable working with, and yes I've done plenty of Brit setups as well, and even for an experienced carb guy, those are a pain !
Multiple carbs can absolutely mean multiple headaches !



1946 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Sometimes I forget where I left myself....