As stated in the other thread, I have not done this swap.
There is an adapter plate available to put a TH350, TH400, or 700R4 transmission behind an old stovebolt. Perhaps you can use this adapter plate in reverse to secure the sbc to the stovebolt bellhousing. This would locate your original bellhousing in the same place it is now, so clutch linkageand operation should be the same. New front motor mounts will have to be made up. The exhaust will probably be tight against the steering, and either the exhaust or steering may have to be modified. A nice Fan shroud should hlp the sbc pull air through the radiator.
I believe you may even be able to run a 55-59 12 volt stomp starter and retain the foot start aspect. Again, I have never done this, but I would look into the adapter if I were going to attempt this swap.