| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,305 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 67 | I have a 41 G506 4x4 Dump, with a 235 and 4 speed. I must admit I am unsure of what the stock trans is (sm420 I think) Maybe some one could fill me in on that. I am looking to put a SB350 in it. My issue is the trans. The current trans has the PTO on the side that I need for the dump bed.
So I guess my questions are: 1. Is it possilbe to use the stock trans? 2. Would I be better off using a SM465? 3. If I were to use the sm465, will the PTO side mount from the old trans bolt to the 465? 4. What modifications to the clutch linkage will be necessary if I went with the sm465?
Thanks inadvance for the info!
1937 Chevy (converted to 4x4) 1942 Chevy G506 1.5 ton 4x4 1958 Mack B model (on Chevy 1 ton 4x4 frame) 1969 Dodge Charger 1987 K30 Crewcab
| | |
| |
| |