Yar and Cren -

Thanks for the replies. I have the metal bumping book in hand. It's been helpful, but the situation I'm dealing with, multiple compound curves, is a tough one for a beginner like myself. I have a set of harbor freight dollies and hammers, and I was actually able to get things fairly close using them. Now I'm at the point where I'm within 1/4" or so, and that last bit is proving quite a challenge.

Because the area was already hit, straightened, ground, welded, and fixed with bondo, I've resigned myself to the fact that I will have to use some bondo to make it perfect. I'm trying to keep it to a minimum, though.

Cren, if I can't gradually work the panel into place as I weld the panel, I'm going to try to try your suggestion, back the gap with a piece of sheet metal and pull everthing into place with sheet metal screws, butt weld the joint, then remove the screws and the backing sheet metal.

Thanks again...

Chris