The Carter YF is a good choice. But you do need to make absolutly certain the you get matched carbs. There ar 2 different versions that will bolt to your manifold. As long as you specify a GM fitment, you should be fine. There is a ford version that is jetted way larger than the GM version, so it won't solve anything as far as running too rich. Also, some rebuilders will just stick any version YF in the box, wheather its the correct one for the application or not. I had this experience with a pair from Tomco. Both were ordered for Chevy w/235, but one was actually a ford unit. Didn't realize that there was a difference until it was too late to return it. I am currently running a pair of Holley model 1904, Internatiol Harvester fitment carbs, and am very pleased with the performance. I will warn you, if you try the Holley route, be prepared to do some fabrication as they are intended for an engine with the manifold on the right side of the engine. That makes the throttle arm backwards form what a Chevy takes.