I hope I don’t spoil your party Dennis, but I have been following this thread for a while. And unless I am miss reading something in this discussion and the ones in the past for this engine, it sounds like the problems your having with hornets living inside the engine and things being froze up might be because of it being out in the rain for a while also.
I hope you do not intend on trying to run this engine after you get everything turning free? An engine is a very precise machine and with precision close fitting parts being froze up about the only way to fix that is to re-machine it. If this were my engine and it was in the condition you have described, once everything were apart it would go directly to the engine re-builder and have a complete and total overhaul. Starting with a long soak in the striper tank and rodding out all of the oil passages, a cylinder re-bore, crank regrind, recondition con rods, new pistons, new cam, lifters and pushrods, new water pump, new oil pump, complete top end re-build, probably a new rocker assembly also. Then and only then would I think about running this engine.
But that’s just me and this is probably what you were going to do anyway once you got it apart, right??? Or, I would find a good used one that someone had swapped out.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL