Hello Everyone! (this is my first post) I have a 1954 6100 and I have been paying close attention to all these discussions related to upgrading the front axle. Has anyone looked to upgrade a old chevy 2 ton to a spicer I-80s (like they use on the International 4300s) or a F600 or F700 front axle (see links below)? My plan is to narrow the front axle as needed as I believe Griggs did. My goal is to end up with power steering and good disc brakes. I haven't been able to get measurements of either of them yet but I would love to hear everyone's "2 cents". This truck is very special to me, it was my grandfather's (first truck I drove) and I spent many hours riding shotgun as a young kid in it. I recently managed to buy it back from another family member and save it from the scrap yard (the day before it was going to happen). It runs and moves just fine. My grandfather was about half way through rebuilding it before he passed 25 years ago. It has a worked over 292, sm465, and completely rebuilt 2 speed rear from a early 70s 60 series (as far as I can tell thus far). I am working on tracking down a hydroboost system for it as well. Thanks!
http://www.heavytruckparts.net/deta...254076&store=2&searchnum=6790647https://www.heavytruckparts.net/det...428203&store=1&searchnum=6790386