see if there's a Big truck operator in your circle of friends. Have him drive the truck. You'll find it's pretty rewarding when driven correctly. There is a rhythm to it and it takes a little practice. I found that although the over the road trucks shift easily without the clutch, I could never get my 4 speed to shift without the clutch. I took it to Macungie and let a bunch of guys drive it. Some threw up their hands in disgust, but most really liked that it took some skill to drive. The low first gear was nice around the yard as well. I had an NOS one behind my 302 for several years, until I found an NOS 3 speed. I have a torque tube overdrive and 3.55's, so the truck is capable of high speeds. It's much easier to haul down from speed when your not doing the 3 foot pedal dance. That's the major reason I didn't stick with the 4 speed. Get out and practice. smile