| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,305 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 83 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 83 | I've just started restoring a 1941 3/4 ton pickup with 4 speed transmission. The truck had been sitting for many years. When I got it home the transmission was low on oil, so I filled it with 90 weight gear oil. I've only driven it up and down the street in front of the house a couple times, but the transmission doesn't seem to synchronize very well. It wants to grind from one gear to the next. I'm looking for advice on how to properly bring this old tranny back to tip top condition. Also, there appears to be a grease zerc at the top rear of the tranny. What's that for? | | |
| |
| |