| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,487 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 12 | I have a '56 GMC V8 Hydra-Matic that is having some problems. She isn't street legal yet (no working lights) so I had a friend tow it for me to my new house and we started smelling burnt oil and noticed that it was leaking fluid from the pan on the tranny and was overheating after being towed about two miles in Neutral. I have driven the truck around my old neighborhood prior to this without any problems. Unfortunately I don't know much about transmissions, so am not sure if I just need to replace the seal and flush it, or do I need to have it rebuilt. Any help would be wonderful! Thanks!
Jon 1956 GMC"Man is not disturbed by event's, but by the view he takes on them." -Epictetus, Greek slave and Stoic Philosopher
| | |
| |
| |