Thanks for the link! I wish I had read that before I "reinvented the wheel" so to speak. But it was a fun mental excersize and fun to weld up.

I made it big because I'm wanting this truck to be my "everything truck" by which I mean I will drive it every day, and hopefully it will get good enough mileage to go on long trips with. I am planning to (and this will make a few of you smirk, I'm sure) put a tee in the fuel line with a flexible hose for filling up lawn mowers or stranded motorists. I saw it once on a police cruiser and thought it was cool.

On Dad's '49 we used a Jeep Cherokee tank and it fit very nicely. His is a 3/4 ton. Mine is a full ton chassis and the same tank would not fit! I didn't know there was that much difference in frames!

Of course there are some down sides. That much fuel will add a lot of weight and cost a lot of $$$! But then, so does this hobby!

Craig


It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility in occupation which brings happiness. - Thomas Jefferson

CK