After 7 years I am driving my 49 Suburban. I tried to keep the truck stock looking. I used the Steve Andereggen IFS swap from an 84 GMC 1/2 ton which gave me disc brakes and power steering. I also used the rear end from the 84. The engine is a late 50s and or early 60s 283 built up from scrounged parts with a TH350 automatic. Been to a couple of cruise nights and have had a lot of compliments. The interior is still unfinished and when Winter comes here in Wisconsin I will bring it home to the garage and finish the inside, do the weather stripping and complete all the other loose ends that I should have done before I started driving it. It drives and handles really well. I thought I could make the 2010 Stovebolt reunion but ran out of time. It is on the calendar for 2011. Do these old trucks ever get finished?

D i c k Weeden
Brodhead WI.

Weeds

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/12/2025 8:45 PM.