Originally Posted by Sometoyotaguy
Anyway, on to the push rods. The old push rods have a little 1/8" or so hole in the bottom of the cup to hold oil. The new ones from Napa and Rock Auto don't have the little hole. Anyone know were I could find some of the old style rods? It's in a 216 6-cyl
Never seen pushrods with holes, don't you mean lifters? When I replaced the lifters/pushrods in my '38 (for the same reason you are) I found a set of NOS lifters on ebay that had the holes in them. The stock '38 set up used the longer pushrods with the cup type of lifter & I couldn't find the longer replacement pushrods so I was forced to put the later model lifters & shorter pushrods in it. I don't know for sure but my assumption is the purpose for the hole in the lifter is to provide extra oil to the lifter as it drains down the pushrod, into the lifter, through the hole and onto the wall of the lifter cavity. I have no idea why the manufacturers aren't putting the hole in the lifter any longer.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.