I am using the easiest spots to tape off, which I figure is where GM stopped with the white paint. I figger it was white, they masked the race track using a cardboard template, then painted the body color. I'm pretty sure at least @the St Louis plant the two tone stuff started out white, then body color was painted later. The one OE paint version I have simply has the "center" painted white, the recess is at the edge. Tony's recess is painted white, but the on the one I have the recess is body color. I've seen it both ways, possibly even done differently @diff production plants.


Classic Performance Part & Early Classic Ent. carry those shock mount brackets, used to strengthen the area of frame which can crack-its also used on the low rider/air bag rigs.


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6