| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,257 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#68339 11/08/2006 7:35 AM | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 55 | OK, I've wrestled a 59-62 261 with 3spd Muncie and BW OD into my 53 3100 4spd and while waiting on an open driveline rear end to appear I gathered a column shift assembly from an AD pickup. Of course it came in pieces.
I'm needing a picture or schematic to help me hook up the shift rods to shifter and transmission. I did a search of the site but could find nothing. Anyone got a link to one or something they can copy and send?
Can I use the AD column shift assembly on the later year Muncie 3spd or do I need the column shift from a 59-62 3 spd truck?
If I can use the AD column shift and linkage,Is the shift linkage generic or is it specific to the brand of transmission?
finally I keep hearing about the 420 4 speed transmissions. The 4 spd I pulled has the following numbers 591568 or it might be 391568 and on the other side of the top plate is cast 483. It doesn't have a 420 number on it anywhere I can find. Is this a 420 or something else? Does it have any value beyond scrap (trans looked good when I pulled the top cover).
Thanks for any help. Jerry in really wet SW Washington | | |
| |
| |