I got a buddy's shop to work in with everything I need. I've got a pics album started, its in my signature below. I'll try to keep updating it as I go along with everything. It's more of a "rush" project just because I have the time to do it now vs. this winter when I may be working lots, so I'm just hoping to have it done by Nov. 1st.

As far as the bed goes, I have the original bed but there's a fair amount of rust on it. I'm thinking I may just bend up a new bed and then take a bat and hammer to it lol It has to match the rest of my trucks style and there's no finishing body work being done. I love the look of the sheet metal with its 50+ years of dings and dents. I may use the original bed and just patch it but there's a lot to patch so we'll see. I just want the cab, front end and frame/engine perfect for Nov 1st and the bed is the last thing to do. Wont take long once I decide. Maybe a day or two to get it all done up.

It's a character truck which will be a daily driver and used to move cars, car parts etc around, as well as trips down to Oregon and so on. The one thing I can't decide if I want to actually finish grinding my welds down to a flush surface so you can't tell where the patches are or if I want to grind the weld just above surface so you can see every patch I make. I just like the old Rat trashed style...and the frontend will be welded together to make one piece which opens suicide, along with suicide doors. I think that's it for now dance

Last edited by dubds10; 09/28/2010 7:07 AM.

1957 GMC 1/2T SWB Stepper - daily drive for summer
1965 Chevy P10 Shorty Ice Cream Truck - project
1963 GMC Commercial Fire Dept Van - project


http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd364/otservice/