| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,286 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 67 | So it's been 9 years since I was last on this site and since I last owned a stovebolt. I sold my '50 3/4T Chevy back when I was 17 and have regretted it ever since. The chance to finally build another classic truck has come up and I'm hoping to have my truck built in the next month or so. Lots of work to do but I got lots of time of my hands and little money to buy nice stuff, which is motivation lol. So here's the run down of my '54 Chevy 1/2
Bought the body of the truck for $200. I needed a frame, engine, tranny and rearend so a buddy of mine is giving me a '95 S10 long box. The S10 has a 2.2L/5spd combo, so I'll be taking that out and putting a 4.3L V6/5spd combo on the S10 chassis. The '54 will of course be placed on the chassis and I'll be using the S10 floorpan instead of the '54 floor pan as mine is rusted a fair amount. The entire truck will be in bare metal and clear coated. There is no body work being done to fix any dings or dents. Only rust and holes will be fixed otherwise this will be a Rat Rod truck. I haven't decided yet if I want to chop the top but I will most likely give in and chop the top 2-3" so not too much. The 4.3L will have a mild build to it and will be switched over to carbed. Interior will be plain steel and '50s style. Nothing special. It will have a nice stereo and some nice new guages, otherwise there wont be anything new on this truck.
I'm looking to build this truck for around $2000 and no more hopefully. The goal is to get this thing built from the ground up and running/driving for Nov 1st. I have about 4 weeks of time to do this so hopefully I'll get it all done before the cold winter weather comes. I'll be uploading all my progress pics to photobucket to keep track of everything. Once I have it up and on here, then I have to finish it lol
Nate
PS: My oh my this site has grown. Last time I was on here I was member 1431 and now I'm 22972...darn!!!
Last edited by dubds10; 09/27/2010 8:12 AM.
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Otservice | 09/27/2010 7:56 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Joy | 09/27/2010 12:31 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Achipmunk | 09/27/2010 7:33 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Leo | 09/28/2010 3:56 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Redwelter | 09/28/2010 5:50 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Otservice | 09/28/2010 6:52 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Britcon | 09/28/2010 5:13 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Otservice | 09/28/2010 7:53 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Britcon | 09/28/2010 10:53 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| jockbolter50 | 09/29/2010 7:21 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Otservice | 09/30/2010 6:47 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| 1958GMCnut | 09/30/2010 6:17 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Otservice | 09/30/2010 10:09 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| TrevsOldChevs | 10/01/2010 4:25 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| 1958GMCnut | 10/01/2010 4:35 AM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| TrevsOldChevs | 10/01/2010 5:00 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Otservice | 10/01/2010 7:00 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| TrevsOldChevs | 10/01/2010 7:42 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| 1958GMCnut | 10/01/2010 9:46 PM |
Re: 1954 Chevy in BC, Canada
| Otservice | 10/01/2010 11:24 PM | |
| |
| |