I am new to this site. I found you on Friday as I was searching out answers. I wish I found you sooner.

We found “Isabelle”, a ’65 Chevy long bed stepside, in January 2010. She’s had a troubled life of abuse and neglect. Her body was in good shape, but inside she was a mess. Too many men in the past had had their way with her; all sorts of alterations with a get in and get out mentality.

We completely gutted the interior, wire brushed and acid washed it, primed and painted it. We installed sound deading insulation and then thick pile carpet on the floor. We installed NOS gauge package, steering column, radio & speakers, a/c, power windows, re-upholstered the seat, new glass all around, upholstered the door panels, new gas tank, and completely re-wired the whole truck.

The engine is the original 283. We added aluminum intake, chrome Holley carb, silver powder coated full competition Hooker Headers, Accel electronic distributor, Eldelbrock high flow water pump & valve covers, twin 2500 CFM electric fans, chrome alternater, and because we live in FL a triple core aluminum radiator.

We are in the process of painting her blue and white. New Craiger S/S rims and Dunlap 265 x 70 x 15 radials are her wheels and tires now. We’ve added chrome bumpers, chrome grill, replaced all the lights, new mirrors, and all new rubber seals.

Presently the bed is off the truck so we can paint the back of the cab. Once we painted it, we’ll start driving her without the bed while we work on restoring the bed. So far all we have driven her is in and out of the garage. I figure about 2 more weeks for her maiden voyage.

John

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/21/2013 8:04 PM.

My Fleet:
1941
1953
1959
1965
1966
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter