Today, the wife and I went to Wavecrest, which is an all Woody Show at Encinitas CA, which is just up the road from San Diego. It's called the largest Woody Show in the world, and gets about 250 -300 vehicles. There was a 1912 Mercedes wood body that was just drop dead gorgeous, but most are traditional vehicles. There were some late 40's vintage Chevy Delux Woody's that seemed light enough to be on a station wagon chassis. But the Fleetmaster vehicles, seem to be to heavy for a car chassis. I asked someone there about theirs, and they classify it as a station wagon. Are these considered trucks?
Even though 85 percent of what is there are Ford and Mercury, the Chevy's, Town and Country's, and Pontiac's seemed to look the best to me.
There was I believe a 48 International 4 wheel Drive "Suburban" to use the term, that was a Woody. What a hunk of machinery, they supposedly had made 3, and this one come from the midwest somewhere. Locally there is a 40 something Power Wagon Woody that is a piece of Fire Machinery. Definately a cool set of wheels.