I had been thinking about doing a "tin woodie" on my Suburban for quite some time. I was going to use DiNoc as the base and then overlay that with some ash or some other wood strips. Wood grain the dash and use wood for interior panels. Maybe even go so far as to make a woodie type interior roof and overlay the outer roof with the material they use on woodie roofs. The clamshell tailgate would have to be killer with some special treatment there. Perhaps some panels welded into it so that it would have 3 recesses and the proper graining. I can see it all in my mind......but it would cost some money and it just wouldn't be right for me if it didn't have 4 doors. the engineering to get the 4 doors is really what screws the pooch for me. Too much work and money to get it right. Move gas tank fill, major reconstruction of support areas, glass reconfiguration, hinges, latches, interior work, on and on and $$$. So it will remain a dream for the time being. But it could work. I'd love for someone to be able to put in photoshop for me.
Overlay this onto a 'burb in you mind's eye and see what you think.
tin woodie wagon. Or this I would bring the "wood" all the way back down to the running bords in front of the rear fender like a true woodie, and then run it to the rear of the front fenders.