I know this may sound stupid but many years ago my wife took her car in for a quick tuneup. Everything was running fine but we were planning a trip. I got a phone call saying the mechanic told her we needed a valve job really bad and that the car was running really bad. It was blowing gas out the tail pipe and as they continued to troubleshootthey found gas in the oil.

They change several things including EGR valve and fuel pump. When I got there I asked them to pull the plugs they had installed and install another set. When they pulled the plugs i found the gap was too close and they gap the plugs and everything worked fine.

I know it's a simple thing but just sounded like the same thing that happen to me and its pretty easy to make simple mistakes.

Good luick....

Last edited by GeneBrownlow; 09/08/2010 1:58 PM.