Not really sure how to kick this off...
I'd been daydreaming about owning my birthyear ('59) Apache stepside truck for years.
I'd look on Ebay, watch classifieds etc... even when I saw a good candidate, I'd just shake my head and pass it by because simply, I wasn't ready for it.
When this Ebay auction popped up and the truck was within a 50 mile treck, I simply said "ok, now or never". I watched the auction end with "reserve not met" and contacted the seller to see if he was planning to relist. His answer was "no" so I asked him what he had to have for the truck. He came back with $850.
I made the trip to look it over and saw that on average, it had about as much year wear as I had on ME. I can appreciate that I reckon...
I especially liked the factory brush guard on the front and the square pattern heavy duty factory rear bumper... Both options rare.
The truck story was this: The original owner of this farm truck pulled the original 6 cylinder engine and transmission with plans to put in another '58 donor engine (I've not broken down the engines to determine condition). Sadly, the gentleman passed away before this was ever performed and the two engines sat on the ground for 20 years.
The wife eventually sold the incomplete project to my Ebay seller who resold it without transfer of title.
I talked it over with my "better half" and she encouraged me to GO FOR IT!
I called the seller again and made arrangements to bring a lowboy to pull my new toy home. When I arrived to get the truck, he and his boys had already loaded the engines into the bed of the truck for me.
The truck just barely fit between the trailer rails but it was meant to be. Lastly, we mounted the hood and Off I went.
So this is where I stop with my story until I make progress with my project.
Many thanks to Jim Karras and this website for wealth of information and exciting stories.
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/24/2025 11:02 PM.