Just got back a few minutes ago, thanks for the response this afternoon. Kind of what I expected, that is, "no longer available." Locktite Maybe ok for the a flexplate or torque converter Tim, but I taint change any over the summer, I might have even gotten worse, I gotta have the original bolts and locks. They can be hard enough to get out with out Locktite. I can remember drawers full of them when I was a parts man back a half century ago, but people were using their left foot to drive with back them. I went to the local Chevy dealer yesterday and all I got was a blank stare from the "Parts Consultant" when I asked if he stocked flywheel bolts and locks.
The head on the stock grade 8 bolts is 5/8" vs 11/16" and the threads are more precise than the ACE hardware bolts also the neck is not correct.
Nothing to seal Fred.
Checked with a couple of Parts stores last week that had Dorman assortments and none had flywheel bolts. I already drew up the locks in my cad Jerry, and I picked up some material this morning to make the forming dies for the 1/8" center raised section in between the holes. Stock locks were 21ga. (.033") by the way, and my nephew is bringing me some material next week.
Well I gotta go back to work, I'm making a forming die to make the 2 ½” x 8” front motor mount shield the way it should be made. I didn't like the square cornered box that the vendors are selling as a replacement.
Thanks again guys, was just hoping maybe someone knew where there might be some reproduction parts already being made.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 08/29/2010 1:52 AM.