Well, I thought I would update the board on what resulted.
It turns out that it was the holley carbs causing the hesitation, though it could be a combination of Holley's Quality Control having issues lately (from what I've read), in conjunction with the alcohol in our gas.
I changed the carb twice, both times curing the problem of hesitation. It got so bad with both carbs, that I had to rebuild each carb once, and changed the power valve on one twice.
Each time it got to the point they just wouldnt idle, and I had to resort to turning in the idle screw a lot, but it still ran really bad.
I think that the design of the Holley makes it highly susceptible to alcohol. I replaced it with a quadrajet from SMI just last week, and its never ran so good.
FYI, I also have one of these SMI quadrajets on my Chevelle (well over a year now), and it experiences no problems at all.
So there it is. Thanks again all.
Last edited by Urp; 08/17/2010 1:54 AM.