| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (rfs56trk, 50Chevy3100, 3800GUY, cmayna, Donf, Barry Martak, Peggy M, Lightholder's Dad, 1 invisible),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,461 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#66978 10/09/2006 5:58 AM | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 35 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 35 | Hi Bolters- I need to change the leaky valve cover gasket on my '46 216 engine. The gasket that is on it is probably for a newer 235 since I can see the bulges where the bolt holes would be around the mating surfaces.(this is also the area that leaks the most) My question is what is the best way to install a new gasket? What material should it be? How tight do I tighten the two studs that protrude through the top of the cover? Where can I order a good one online? Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks, Rich 46possum | | |
| |
| |