when it was new it had the 248 but, along the way at some point. either when it was new or ???? the motor has been in the truck for some time. The truck has low millage over all. so, it is possible that it was repowered. This was a tow truck after all. It had a Holmes tow body before I got it.
So, now it has the 270 Motor
A 270, im jealeous I have a non running 248 in my 45 truck now. It's actually a 53 0r 54 block that's in there now, probably the correct one that belongs in your truck.
This gives me an idea, has anyone tried to locate their original engine by posting the engine number on the original title of their truck to see if that original engine may still be out there somewhere?
I think i"ll start a new thread.