Put the new generator in but still hard starts(cranks and cranks but wont fire). Check out these stats.
with the key on an engine not running charge to coil is 6.14V
with the key on and engine running charge to coil is 6.10V to 6.30V depending on the speed of idle.
with key on and the starter cranking charge to coil drops to 4.75V (I am sure if this were a points distributor even 1 volt would cause a spark but the pretronix probably wont fire unless is has full or close to full voltage.)
Grounds all seem to be good based on ohms testing at various locations and physical inspection.
I am puzzled that this problem has returned. After fixing faulty grounds the problem was gone for a long time only to return unexpectedly.
Could be a starter problem but why intermittent? I will have the starter load tested when I bring the truck back home.
Could this be a voltage regulator issue??? Doesn't the VR regulate voltasge to the coil?
Please help I am getting balder by the minute ...I hate electrical problems.