I need your help. Thanks in advance.

Background. I have a 57 TF with 235/3spd. Last summer I replaced the wiring harness, installed 3-wire alternator and installed Langdon's HEI distributor and high energy coil. The truck also has Fenton headers and Offy 2x intake with Holley/Weber 2bbl progressive carbs. (I think they're Holley/Webers but I can never remember if they're Carter/Webers. They're the Pinto carbs.)

I had some intake issues last year but the truck ran. I ended up with some engine trouble and decided to build another 235. This summer I took the truck out and had some issues. The trouble was that I could run the truck for several minutes and it would quit. The first time it did this, I assumed I was out of gas and put more in. It happened several more times during the day and I know I had fuel. I assumed it was an ignition problem. When I finally got the truck home I decided now is as good a time as any to replace the engine.

I just got the truck back together. A master mechanic advised me that the 'coil pickup' was probably bad in the distributor so I bought a new one and installed it. While I was at it, I had the module checked and it was ok. I got the truck to start the other evening and it ran for about 10 minutes before it just stopped. There's no doubt this thing has fuel. I assumed the problem was a continuation of the original issue and thought it would start after it cooled off. Today I tried to start the truck again and there was no fire.

What are your suggestions?


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100