Hey guys,
I took the truck to my place in Maine where it will be in a few parades in the next few weeks then I will drive her home.
She made it 98 miles before exhibiting some small attitude issues. The only way I can describe it would be to say she started to gag. I had driven about 50 MPH for first 50 miles then on to the smaller roads driving 40 to 45 mostly. Just around the 98 mile mark it started to gag. (run,gag,run,gag,run,gag) I pulled over in a gas station (I felt very lucky that of all the miles of nothing we had driven she decided to gak 50 yards from a gas station)
I was puzzled as she was idling fine temp, oil pressure, and other gauges were fine. I thought I was out of gas. But I was not.
It stalled out when I pushed it down to low idle. I restarted and it seemed to run fine. I started back on the road and it ran fine for a while. This happened a few more time but if I pulled it out of gear and revved it up I would be fine again for another mile or 2.
My thoughts were this is fuel related. When I got to my house I pulled the fuel filter and replaced it. (There were some tiny black flecks in it which look suspiciously like pieces of the rubber line leading to it.
It was better after that but still suffers these random fits of rev, gag, rev, gag.
Is this carburetor related? Maybe fuel pump?
Anyone ever have this happen to them???
Thanks
Rich