1/16" is .0625", and I'm unhappy with a .005" difference in lift from one valve to another. I don't know if that would cause the problem you're having, but before considering a cam change, I'd want to run some very accurate measurements with as little variation as possible. Am I correct in hearing you're running Rhoades lifters on a street-driven 327? WHY? Those things are supposed to be used to make an extremely radical cam more able to be driven on the street. If you're running a cam that needs those lifters, you're WAAAAAAY over-cammed, and the engine is going to run lousy anywhere except wide-open throttle.
Jerry

Last edited by Hotrod Lincoln; 06/06/2010 1:51 AM.

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!