| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,566 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 714 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 714 | Hi Bill, Hope I can jump in here.... My temp gauge is not working after the restoration. I Switched out the sensor....still nothing. grounded the green wire to the battery...nothing from the gauge. Just want to make sure the wires to the guage are hooked up right..According to the after market wire diagram, the green wire (if I am sitting in the truck looking at the instrument panel) hooks to the left connector. The pink to the right. Now In the assembly manual for my 57 truck I can not find anything regarding if this is correct. I switched the green and pink at the gauge but still nothing. I am now thinking it might be the gauge. Which does not make sense as everthing is new in the dash. Could I have fried the gauge? I have power from pink wire to gauge and there is power at the sensor from the green wire. Does it make sense that the green wire has power down to the sensor? Also, I tried to clean the threads in the head of the engine to make sure there was no paint in there. All the gauges were working before I took it to the shop. Would the grounding strap from the cab to the starter be a place to check? Would the white resistor have anything to do with it? Thanks!
1957 Chevy 1/2-Ton TruckIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pixThe coldest winter I ever saw was a summer I spent in San Francisco M. Twain If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you! If you don't like my carbon foot print, stick it up your Prius!! | | |
| |
| |