| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,245 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Are you trouble-shooting or rewiring?
Back in the early 80's when I was actually working as a truck mechanic I completely rewired a number of old trucks. A '58 Ford, a couple of early 60's Fords and a '53 International.
I essentially used a 50's Chevy car based diagram and modified as needed to support any differences. It worked out fine and a couple of those trucks were still available to work on that same farm the last time I visited a few years ago though I suspect they rarely actually move.
I couldn't tell if the boss was amused or bemused by my approach. But he worked those trucks either way.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |