Hey All,
I have been reveiwing this forum for the last 3-4 weeks and I think there is a wealth of info here. There is also a lot of great advice for the rookies like me. I recently purchased a mostly stock '66 3/4 with a 327 and "3 on the Tree". It is in really great shape and I don't think I need to make many upgrades (brakes, steering, AC, rear end ratio) to make it a daily driver.
This post is to ask you guys give me some insight or point me in the right direction for swapping out the ring and pinion (if possible). I think I have the 4.57 rear (Eaton 10 bolt - round pumpkin), 8-lug rear axle. I would really, really like to go faster than 50 mph with the motor screaming. Is this as easy as getting a ring and pinion kit (say 3.54 or 3.73)?
Any feedback would be appreciated

.