I thought www.dynabrade.com made about the best die grinders and sanders. Have some at work and they are nice.

I've also used industrial quality Ingersoll Rand grinders and they are great quality too, and like Dynabrade quite expensive. the long reach 90* with about a 3" cutoff wheel (or grinding wheel) and guard is really handy, not sure the model but that's what I used most, I'd like to find a used (cheaper) one now...

Day after day at another job I used a Cornwell angled die grinder/sander and a different one for a cut off wheel. I don't see the angled one that I like on their website, but aluminum housing with the blue grip on it and gearless, less than 90* angle. No problems and we had 4 or 5 of them in the shop, used them all everyday for sheet metal/rust repair and replacement work.
The better quality Cornwell grinders are a great valve, I'd buy more of them.

I'd stay away from the cheap geared angle ones that you're likely to see a lot of in your searches, the gears don't seem to hold up so well. Have not had or heard of any problems with the really good industrial quality versions, other than the significantly higher price.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-